Need some pointers for cleaning your teeth and keeping them healthy? Here are a few tips you can benefit from. While you brush, remember these basic steps:
– Orient your brush at forty-five degrees.
– Brush with short strokes, going back and forth across the width of each tooth, .
– Remember to get the outside, inside, and top of your teeth.
– For brushing the inside of your front teeth, orient your brush ninety degrees and brush up and down instead.
– Brush your tongue too. This can prevent bad breath.
– Brush for two minutes.
– Brush twice and floss once daily.
Here are some helpful tips regarding your toothbrush and toothpaste:
– Use brushes with soft bristles.
– Use a brush that is the right size and shape for your mouth. If it reaches all the areas of your mouth with ease, you’re good.
– Replace a brush after using it for about three to four months. By then, the bristles get frayed and unable to clean your teeth effectively.
– Replace a brush if the bristles became frayed before the three-month mark.
– Use a fluoride toothpaste that is recommended by the American Dental Association. The ADA Seal of Acceptance will be on the box.
Holding to these steps and guidelines can help you maintain healthy teeth; however, brushing and flossing are only part of good oral health. A healthy diet with a minimum amount of snacks can contribute immensely. Regular dental checkups also help by catching anything your brush and floss miss.
We hope you find these tips useful. If you would like to schedule an appointment, contact Dycus Dental in Cookeville, Tennessee. Dr. Richard Dycus, our dentist, and dental professionals will help you in any way. Call 931-528-7977 to get in touch today!